Tuesday 5 February 2013

Today's the day..

So here it is. After months of preparing and waiting, I arrived in Jo'burg this morning. :)
In some ways its a strange feeling - I've been waiting for this to feel real for so long, and now it's here it feels very real indeed.
Personally, its been a crazy time over the last few weeks while I've been packing up my life as I've known it and saying goodbye to friends and family (who I shall miss terribly), but it's also exciting. I know that this year is going to be challenging, heart-wrenching and amazing, all at the same time.

I've been going over the trip from last year with Hands and remembering the amazing people that we met in the communities and at the Hands base. I'm really looking forward to going back and seeing everyone and seeing how the projects have developed.

Here are a few photos from last year - check them out.

As for what now - I'm spending a few days in Jo'burg with friends before heading up to Hands at Work on Friday morning where I will meet the other volunteers on my intake - I'm stoked.














No comments:

Post a Comment